The Presidium of the LAS includes: President Prof. Valdemaras Razumas, Vice President Prof. Domas Kaunas, Secretary General prof. Vytautas Basys, Members Prof. Vladas Algirdas Bumelis, Prof. Algis Petras Piskarskas, and Chairs of the Scientific Divisions.
There are five Scientific Divisions at the LAS:
- The Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences (Chair Prof. Aleksandras Vasiliauskas) assesses the state and prospects for the humanities and social sciences; promotes the ideas of the harmonious development of Lithuanian studies, nationality and statehood; fosters the traditions and heritage of humanistic culture; upholds the values of law, justice and civic responsibility; determines priorities in Lithuania’s economic and social progress. It also provides expertise in developing tasks, projects and strategies for the humanities, examines their state and exchanges with other cultures.
- The Division of Mathematical, Physical and Chemical Sciences (Chair Prof. Feliksas Ivanauskas), jointly with other national and foreign research and educational institutions, deals with the problems of probability theory, mathematical logic, semiconductor and laser physics, theoretical physics and astronomy, electrochemistry and chemical technology, maintains relations with business partners and specialists in other scientific areas. It also formulates research guidelines for exact sciences, presents suggestions and takes an active part in solving the problems of the national knowledge-based economy.
- The Division of Biological, Medical and Geosciences (Chair Prof. Vytautas Basys). The Division members represent major branches of biological, biomedical and geological sciences, bring together scientists for closer cooperation, hold young scientists’ conferences in the above areas, share their knowledge with teachers of secondary schools at annual conferences; in conjunction with State, science and studies institutions, organize national and international scientific events.
- The Division of Agricultural and Forestry Sciences (Chair Prof. Zenonas Dabkevičius). The Division members address topical issues of agronomy, forestry, zootechnics, veterinary medicine, environmental engineering, food quality and safety, agrarian economics and rural sociology with a view to solving the problems of national agriculture and raising its general level; promote the expansion of agricultural research, the spread of results achieved and the cooperation with national and foreign scientific and educational institutions.
- The Division of Technical Sciences (Chair Prof. Gintautas Žintelis). Its members representing various branches of technological sciences carry out, analyze and assess research programs and results in electronics, computer science, power engineering, mechanics, materials science, construction, and transport; they present their suggestions and take an active part in devising high-tech strategies and projects, expanding cooperation between scientific, educational and business institutions and solving the urgent problems of science and industry
- THE ACCOUNTING OFFICE, Chief Financial Manager Rasa Aleknavičienė
- THE ORGANISING DEPARTMENT, Head Dr. Andrius Bernotas
- The International Relations Unit, Chief specialist Violeta Skirgailienė, Chief specialist Marija Nijolė Stačiokienė
- THE PUBLISHING DEPARTMENT, Head Asta Paškevičienė
- THE LAS PALACE OF SCIENTISTS, Head Aldona Daučiūnienė
- THE CENTRE OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES, Head Assoc. Prof. Gražvydas Kirvaitis
- THE WRÓBLEWSKI LIBRARY OF THE LITHUANIAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCES (Director Dr. Sigitas Narbutas). A universal library of State significance rendering its services in compliance with the needs of the Academy and other research and educational institutions.
- EU STRUCTURAL FUNDS PROJECT GROUP, Head Greta Tumkevičienė